Wood Effect Toilet Seats
- In Stock (2)
- Standard (1)
- W800 x D800mm (1)
Talk to our experts
On orders over £500
Call For Availability
Was £35.00Now £27.99
Wood Effect Toilet Seats: Ideal For A Rustic Bathroom
Want to revamp your existing bathroom, but can’t afford a big renovation project?
Then consider changing your toilet seat as replacing a mundane white one with a sophisticated wooden one will instantly create a bathroom focal point.
Advantages of Wooden Toilet Seats:
There’s no denying it: A wood effect toilet seat will evoke a stylish rustic look for your bathroom.
When choosing wooden furniture, however, there are certain stylistic considerations you cannot ignore:
When choosing wood effect toilet seats, you should begin by deciding whether you want a light or dark wooden one.
It’s important to take time over this decision because if your bathroom already has light furniture and you opt for a dark wood option, then this will create a confused look: making your toilet stand out for the wrong reasons.
Light Wood Toilet Seats:
At Splashdirect we stock four types of light wood - ash, beech, oak and pine - all of which have different properties:
- Oak has an open grain with prominent rings to provide a visually beautiful material.
- Pine is unlike other woods because it has a distinguishable grain: one that is slightly darker than its natural tone. If you like pine, but prefer darker woods then consider one made from Antique Pine.
- Beech is a medium to hard wood which has a fine, tight grain that creates the distinguishable light finish.
- White Ash provides a wooden alternative to the common white plastic toilet seat you’ll find in every other UK home.
Dark Wood Toilet Seats:
Dark wood is used to provide an elegant look to any room and, at Splashdirect, we stock two dark woods: walnut & mahogany.
- Walnut has a straight grain and dark brown colour. Often used in decadent and traditional spaces, it is associated with opulence and elegance.
- Mahogany has open pores which creates a visually prominent wood grain. Unlike other woods, mahogany has very little knots which creates a smooth grain finish.
Will it Fit my Current Toilet?
As toilets come in a variety of shapes and sizes, there isn’t one standard size for toilet seats. Therefore, in order to establish compatibility with your current toilet, you’ll need to measure:
- The width,
- The length &
- The distance between the fixing holes (the two holes at the back of the toilet pan).
Rather than trying to navigate a tape measure around your toilet, the quickest way to establish compatibility is to measure your existing toilet seat. If, however, the measurements don’t match up, then don’t worry as a 10-20mm discrepancy is often fine.