Was £92.59Now from £73.99In StockWas £194.00Now from £145.49
Corner Basins: A Space-Saving Design
Struggling to move in your bathroom?
If you answered yes, then the solution is simple: Regain some space by investing in a corner basin.
The Benefits of a Corner Basin:As corner basins can be mounted onto a corner which would otherwise be left unused, they are ideal for ensuites and cloakrooms: bathrooms where space is a premium.Show More
In order to make them a truly effective space saving design, most corner basins are now wall mounted which negates the need to have a domineering pedestal. This, of course, adds a level of practicality as you will no longer have to navigate around tight crevices to clean but simply sweep below the sink.
Tips for Fitting Your Corner Basin:
Installing a corner basin doesn’t have to be tricky, just make sure you’ve properly planned:
- As there is no set height for them, wall hung basins are incredibly versatile. However, to ensure maximum comfort for all, we’d recommend fitting it between 770mm and 870mm.
- Don’t be afraid to make outlines on your wall - Try and cover every eventuality: If you’re replacing an existing sink, will your waste and inlet pipes need to be moved and can they even be moved?
- Ensure there are no hidden pipes or cables where you plan to install your new sink.
- With the relevant fittings you may be able to install your basin to a stud wall, but it’s worth bearing in mind that if your stud wall is hollow it may require extra re-enforcement.
What Will I Need to Complete my Corner Basin?
In order to have a fully-functioning corner sink, you may need the following items:
1. A Tap: All of the corner basins sold at Splashdirect are one tap hole basins so you’ll need a mixer tap. The important thing to do is to establish compatibility of the tap with your current water system. If you fail to do this, it can result in your tap ‘dribbling’.
2. A Waste: Acting as a channel to allow the water to run away from your sink and as a barrier to prevent foreign objects blocking your pipes, basin wastes are essential.
There are two types of wastes available (a slotted and unslotted waste) and knowing which one you need is dependent upon whether your corner basin has an overflow or not:
- If it has an overflow, then you'll need a slotted waste.
- If it doesn’t have an overflow, then you'll need unslotted waste.
3. A Bottle Trap: Acting as a seal to block smells coming up from the waste pipe, you’re not going to want to forget about this.
Talk to our experts
- 08454 742 712 8am-5pm Mon-Fri
On orders over £500
If ordered before 1pm
Pick a time that suits you
Was £69.99Now £57.49In StockWas £68.00Now £57.49Was £89.99Now £68.99In Stock