- In Stock (1)
- Standard (1)
- Aqua Ceramics (1)
Talk to our experts
On orders over £500
Call For Availability
Countertop Basins: Made For The Modern Bathroom
No bathroom is complete without a sink, and if you are looking to create a stylish bathroom which breaks free from the convention of having a pedestal basin, then a countertop one is ideal. As its name suggests, these sinks are designed to be mounted onto worktop surfaces such as vanity units. Thanks to its flat base, mounting one of these is an easy task.
Why Choose A Countertop Basin?
Otherwise known as vessel sinks, their practical design allows you to conceal plumbing, making this basin one for the style-conscious individual.
But you can rest assured that none of this style has come at the expense of functionality as there are an array of high capacity designs for you to choose from. Each design has a stunning white high gloss finish and has been made from high grade vitreous china: a durable material which is easy to clean and does not discolour.
What Else Is Required?
Regardless of the basin style you choose, it will only include the ceramic frame and will not come with a waste or any taps that you may require to complete your sink.
When choosing which tap you want, find out if the sink has a tap hole as not all countertop basins come with one. If there isn't one, there are two particular taps which will work nicely:
- Wall mounted taps - These will elegantly mount to your wall and hang above the basin for a sleek, modern look.
- Tall mono mixer taps - These will stand prominently over your new basin.
A Basin Waste:
Basin Wastes are found at the bottom of the sink and are responsible for carrying the water away from the basin.
There are two types of wastes, slotted and unslotted, and knowing which type you need is your first hurdle. With wastes, the slot is simply referring to a hole which takes the water from the overflow.
The required waste is, therefore, determined by whether your sink has an overflow or not:
- If there isn’t an overflow, get a unslotted waste.
- If there is an overflow, get a slotted waste.
Don’t Forget About Weight:
Whichever surface you mount your countertop basin to, it must be sturdy enough to support the basin when it's empty and when it is filled with water. So always make sure you have planned proficiently to avoid your new sink crashing to the floor.
Countertop basins have a fresh, modern look and offer a welcome alternative to the generic pedestal design found in most UK bathrooms. To allow you to make the most of your new sink, Splashdirect has a few tips for you:
- For a particularly elegant look, consider the washbowl design which has a deep, contemporary, round shape. When combined with a tall mono mixer tap, this will create an instant bathroom focal point.
- Striving to get that stylish hotel look for your bathroom? Or simply hunting for a suitable cloakroom sink? The answer is simple: choose a rectangular countertop basin as their striking design will provide a fresh, eye-catching alternative to the traditional round sink.
Our countertop sinks are sure to add a modern touch to your bathroom and will help bring it into the 21st century.