Delivery options: 1. FREE standard On orders over £500
How to Pick the Perfect Shower:
Showers have been popular since the ancient times where waterfalls were used as an efficient way to wash. Thankfully times have changed and you can now shower in your own home!
But with such a vast selection of styles to choose from, where should you begin?
Choosing Your Shower:
If you are in the process of installing a new shower, then our Shower Kits & Valves section is a good place to start. Here you can purchase sets which include a shower head, valve, controls and usually a sliding rail and hose.
Here you will have the opportunity of choosing between an electric or power shower: one of life’s toughest questions. But what is the difference?
- Power showers are able to offer an exhilarating, high power jet, regardless of the pressure of your existing system.
- Electric showers, on the other hand, are unable to exert a powerful jet on their own as the pressure is entirely dependent on your existing system.
- As they only require a cold water supply, electric showers are the only alternative to traditional mixer showers which use both a hot and cold water supply. This means you will never run out of hot water with an electric shower and they are the economically viable option as they only heat the amount of water you require.
The Benefits of a Thermostatic Shower:
When shower shopping you will see many references to thermostatic showers which may seem like an alien term, but it simply means they have the ability to remember the water temperature you set. They are, therefore, perfect for families as they are able to keep temperatures constant and are not affected by the actions of others.
Now Complete The Area:
The next stage is to complete the area and thankfully we have now progressed from the era of the mouldy shower curtain. You now have three possible options:
- Shower Doors – These are an essential accompaniment to any shower as they prevent your bathroom from flooding. If you have a small bathroom you are going to want sliding doors, but if tradition is more your thing, then consider pivot doors which swing open.
- Shower Screens – These are required for shower baths and will elegantly sit on top of your bath. They will keep the water inside your bath and avoid any costly leak damage to your bathroom floor.
- Shower Enclosures - Made up primarily of a tray, a door and if necessary a side panel, these will give you a complete shower cubicle. Each one of our enclosures will add different value to your bathroom: ranging from quadrant shower enclosures which will elegantly reside in the corner, to luxurious walk-in enclosures which offer a separate drying area.
When Do You Need A Shower Tray?
Shower Trays are a vital part to any enclosure and act as the base for your shower cubicle. They are a great tool for collecting the water and quickly feeding it to your drain, increasing the speed at which your floor dries. We have an array of styles available, ranging from walk-in trays to quadrant shower trays, all of which will suit popular shower door styles.
Pimp Your Shower:
To replace key parts of your existing shower, have a look at our Shower Accessories where you will find a range of body jets, seats & riser rails. So with a few simple adjustments, you will be able to convert your mundane shower into that luxurious spa one.