Delivery options: 1. FREE standard On orders over £500
Toilets: Where to Begin?
Thought shopping for a toilet was a simple process? Think again.
As they are no longer reserved purely for outhouses, designers have worked hard to create something that is aesthetically pleasing and will cater to different needs.
Which Toilet is Right for Me?
This will largely depend on which style you prefer and how much space you have. To help you, we have outlined the difference of the main styles:
- Close Coupled Toilets: For those unfamiliar with the toilet world, this is the traditional design which features a visible ceramic cistern located behind the pan.
- Back to Wall & Wall Hung Toilets: These both have a nice compact look as they have a concealed cistern which goes in the wall. A back to wall WC will sit on the floor, directly behind the wall; whereas a wall hung WC will seamlessly hang from the wall, creating the illusion that it is floating. Their minimalist design and unique look makes them an essential purchase for those wanting to create a modern interior design scheme.
Important Things to Remember:
- Back to Wall and Wall Hung Toilets do not come with a cistern so you are going to need to purchase these separately.
- Back to wall toilets require a concealed cistern, and with a wall hung one you will have to invest in one of our mounting frames, all of which contain a cistern.
When purchasing a toilet you will see information about the position of the waste outlet. For the DIY novice out there, this is simply referring to the position at which your toilet connects to the outside drain. There are four types of outlets: horizontal, bottom, left or right so it is important to check the individual product description prior to any purchase.
Helping You to Save Money:
All our cisterns provide a dual-flush system with a choice of a three and six-litre flush. To enable you to take advantage of this, the toilet will have two buttons: one which empties the cistern halfway and one which completely empties it. By allowing you to do a big flush only when it is truly required, this will save you both money and water.
Don't Worry about Inferior Quality:
When shopping at Splashdirect you can be confident that you are getting a top quality WC because all of our toilets have WRAS approved water fittings and many come with a lifetime guarantee. They have also all been made from ceramic, a stainless and nonporous surface which is easy to clean.
Our Favourite Brands:
- Aqua Ceramics provide a large range of good-value toilets, all of which come with a lifetime guarantee.
- Bauhaus provide a range of modern-style toilets with simple lines and are dedicated to bringing you cutting-edge designs.
- Geberit, is an award winning company that was established in 1874. They specialise in sanitary technology and we sell a selection of their concealed cisterns and mounting frames.
Still Need Help Choosing Your Bathroom Toilet?
Not sure whether a toilet is suitable for a horizontal waste? Want to know more about which cistern you need?
Contact our friendly team for technical and buying advice via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.